Saturday, March 24, 2007

Kids jokes

Ok, my days have been crazy lately... working 50+ hours a week, plus having a sinus infection (again), and generally tired due to lack of sleep (cause of the infection). Sometimes a good laugh helps... and my kids say and do some silly things. Thea has written about these things several times in her blog, so I'm not going to repeat them here, but I got these in an e-mail, and they made me laugh, so I'm going to post them.

JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister. Aftera while he asked: "Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for cold milk?"

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom good night. "I love you so much that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window."

CLINTON(age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?"

JAMES(age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the flea?"

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget.... this particular Sunday sermon..."Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without you, we are but dust..." He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four year old girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"

I just love these... and the things that come out of kids mouths.. Kids make you stop and take a step back.... look at things from a fresh point of view. Kids views are untainted by society, and not driven by motive, or selfish desires... Its refreshing... and not that I'm complaining, but I have also wondered why women have two....

No comments: