Thursday, January 14, 2010

Uh-oh, I fartleked while running today

Its not what you think.... beans had nothing to do with my run today. Even though my wife would rather hear Tootlek, Fartlek is a Swedish word that means "Speed Play" and is a form of speed work used by athletes. I like this kind of speed work, because it allows a lot of flexibility, and it does not wear you out the way a tempo or pace run would. So here was my workout today

1 mile - easy (8-8:30pace)
0.25 miles - <5k pace
0.25 - easy
0.5 miles - 5K pace
0.25 - easy
0.75 miles - 5K-10K pace
0.25 - easy
0.75 miles - 10K-HM pace
0.25 - easy
0.5 miles - 10K pace
1.25 miles - easy

My legs felt worked out after this run, but it did not wear me out. I enjoyed this run a lot. Now, I gotta get me one of these shirts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo gonna trying to find you a Fartlek t-shirt!