Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cloud Half Marathon

On Saturday morning, I'm going to be running in the Cloud Half Marathon in Carderock, Maryland. This is the inaugural race organized by Cloud High Athletics. Its basically a 13.1 miles up and back race run along the C&O canal towpath. I've run the towpath several times, but never that far south on the towpath. It claims to be flat and fast. Since my marathon training calls for a 14mile run on Saturday, I thought this race would be a good motivator. I have specific goals for race. I have no desire to try and PR on the race. I want to run it slow like a training run. I'm shooting for 8:00m/m or so. I ran the Parks HM in September in about 7:26m/m, so this might seem slow, but I need it to be.

I've been still having some issues with me knee and hamstring. Actually I woke up this morning with some sharp pains in my left knee, but it did not bother me during my run. So, I want to get in the miles and go slow. Hopefully, I'll have no problems with the legs. The day of rest tomorrow will help,

The weather on the other hand is not going to cooperate. Forecast calls for temperatures in the teens and snow. I'm not good running slow in the cold., so it will be a challenge to meet my goal.

So wish me luck, and I'll report back after the race!

No comments: