Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to the cold.... and snow??

After a week of running in shorts and t-shirts, I had to put back on the long sleeves and hats for my run yesterday. I decided to do a half marathon pace run to test out the legs after the shorter recovery week last week. The weather was partly sunny and about 33F, so it was not too bad. Last week it was sunny and 75F in Florida, but whose complaining. Anyway, the run went ok, and I enjoyed it, but I gotta say I really do not like cold and the wind. It makes the running harder and less enjoyable. Other runners talk about how they enjoy running in rain and snow.... feeling the crunching of the snow beneath their shows.... hogwash... it sucks... cold, wet, uncomfortable. None of these sound enjoyable to me. But, I do it because I know I need the training to reach my goal, and I know running in bad weather will make me a better runner. If I say this enough times I may convince myself.

This weekend I have a planned 14 mile run. I have decided to do the Cloud Half Marathon race as part of that run. Weather forecast is 20F and snow... it will make me a better runner, it will make me a better runner, it will make me a better runner.... argh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha. You said hogwash.