Saturday, January 9, 2010

Inside running

Well, today I ran on the treadmill. I always kinda feel wimpish when I choose to run on the treadmill. REAL runners would not run inside unless their lives were in mortal danger. But I gotta tell you that I am already tired of the cold wind. This past week, when I did run outside, the temperatures were in the 20s, but the winds were whipping at 25mph, with gusts at 35mph. And this is not a tropical breeze, but a biting cold wind... It sucked. I checked the weather this morning, and the temperatures were not too cold (in the 20s) and the winds were only about 15mph making the wind chill about 15F. Still I decided to do the treadmill.


Anyway, the run went well. I ran comfortably for 12 miles, while watching Iron Man, which is a great movie by the way. The treadmill gets boring, so I played with the pace and elevation, changing it between 8:30min/mil to 7:30min/mil... amd 0 to 1% incline. Got off the treadmill a couple of times to stretch my right hamstring, which is still bothering me a bit. I finished in 98 minutes.

Tomorrow is a 4-miler.... and I WILL go outside

No comments: