Monday, April 26, 2010

One week to go

Well, I'm in my last week of tapering and one week before the marathon. This past week, I went back to the doctors about my knee. He basically said he did not want to do anything right now, but put me on some anti-inflammatory drugs until the race. So, I'm taking Aleve twice a day. The runs I went on last week were ok, the knee would hurt a bit, but it never got worse. So, I'm still stretching and resting, and hoping for the best.

This week, I only have two runs before the race, so its all about rest. I ran 31 miles last week, which is the shortest mileage in about 2 months. I think this week, excluding the marathon, I have only 10 miles to run. Big difference.

I look back at my training log and I've run over 30-miles a week for the last 32 weeks, and many of those weeks were over 35 miles. I've run a lot in the last year, 1,591.6 miles to be exact. I think I'm as ready for this race as I can be.

So here is my plan. Run. Finish. Enjoy myself. If it hurts, I'll stop and stretch. If it hurts too much, I'll walk. I've done all I can do to get ready.

No comments: