Thursday, February 4, 2010

Long run on the wrong day

I'm going to run my long run today. I know today is only Thursday, but i have to do it. This weekend (Friday and Sat) we are suppose to get 2 feet of snow, and I really want to do this run on the road. So I'm going to do my long run on Thursday. This goes against everything I've done in the past. I always rest before my long run. Not this time, ran 8 miles yesterday. So we will see how it goes.

My goal is 16 miles. Again I have to run this slow and easy. I used this calculator before (Runbayou) and it says with my race pace, my slow runs should be around 9m/m. I will try and run this slow.

I worry about my knee. During many of my long runs (>13 miles), the outside of my left knee hurts. I have not been to the doctors, but the folks at RunningAhead say its probably IT band problems. It only hurts during long runs, and stops when I stop running. So, I've been stretching, strengthening, and rolling on a foam roller to try and loosen the band up. If I continue to have this problem, I'm afraid I will not be able to do the long distances. A trip to the Doctors and Physical therapist is on order, and I will do that soon.

I have to beat that snow and get this run in. Wish me and my knee luck and I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get thee to a PT!!