Sunday, May 30, 2010

I miss running

Its been four weeks now since the marathon. Four weeks since I ran more than 1.5 miles. Four week since my training ended. Four weeks since I had a half way decent run. It does not seem to be getting any better. My IT band, or what ever it is, does not seem to be getting any better. I have not run for about 1.5 weeks now, and I still feel slight pain in my knee. As I mentioned before, I'm trying to cross train. Actually, I'm cross training a lot. Biking, elliptical, swimming and lifting weights, something most days. I'm trying to keep my endurance while my knee heals. I'm also still stretching and rolling on the foam roller.

I enjoy the cross training. Elliptical is ok, gets me sweating and the biking gets my legs working. But the swimming, oh, the swimming is tough. I'm not the best swimmer, so when I get out there, I wear myself out quickly. I'm trying to work on form, but I feel real intimidated by the folks that can swim, and swim and swim.... without stopping.. As I remember this is how I felt when I first started running!

Went back to the doctors last week, who ordered an MRI on my knee. I had the MRI, and now have an appointment next Tuesday for the doctor to look at the MRI and hopefully tell me something other than everything looks ok. He also told me no high impact until the MRI results are in, which is why I have not even attempted to run in the last week or so.

On my way to the YMCA the other day, I passed no more than 6 people running. They were enjoying the day, enjoying the weather, enjoying the workout. As I got on the elliptical that day, plugged in my earphones, and turned on "30 Days of Night" on the TV attached to the elliptical, all I could think was..... I MISS RUNNING

No comments: